The former of School of Physics and Electronics was Department of Physics, established in 1923, reestablished in 1959. In 2002, School of Physics and Informational Optoelectronics was found. In November 2006, it was renamed as School of Physics and Electronics. Up to now, there are more than 5000 undergraduates and 200 graduates.
Currently the School offers 1 center for post-doctoral studies, 1 Ph.D. program, 17 Master programs, and 5 undergraduate programs (Physics, Measurement Technologies and Devices, Communication Engineering, Electronic and Information Technology, and Network Engineering). School of Physics and Electronics consists of 4 departments, 1 key laboratory of Henan, 1 open laboratory of colleges and universities in Henan, 1 teaching demonstration center of colleges and universities in Henan, and other institutes of Henan University.
Today, School of Physics and Electronics has 112 faculty or staff members, including 2 adjunct professors, who are an academician of CAS, 11 professors, 53 associate professors, 2 distinguished professors of Henan province, 1 Yellow River Scholar, 6 Trans-century academic leader of Henan province, 2 outstanding teacher of Henan province. 45 of them hold Ph. D. degree. At present, the School has 1745 undergraduate students, 105 graduate students.
Recent years, over 70 national great fundamental research projects, national natural science projects were conducted. 6 books were published. More than 600 papers were published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. 48 awards were obtained. 5 patents were held. Many famous professors and specialists in academic research from many well-known universities in the world were invited to visit School of Physics and Electronics.
Professor of Physics
B.Sc., 1984, Henan University. M.S., 1990, Jilin University. Ph.D., 2002, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Post-doctoral fellow, 2003-2004, Shanghai Jiaotong University. Post-doctoral research fellow，2004-2006, Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences (JSPS), Institue for Molecular Science (Japan). Teaching Assistant, Henan University, 1984-1990. Teaching Lecturer, Henan University, 1990-1998. Associate Professor, Henan University, 1998-2003. Professor, Henan University, 2003-present. Director of Institute of Microsystem Physics, Henan University, 2006-2010. Associate dean, School of Physics and Electronics, Henan University, 2009-present.
Research Areas: Nonlinear optical materials, photovoltaic materials and cells, UV Raman spectroscopy of proteins.
Current Research: Third-order nonlinearities of materials and all-optical devices. Dye-sensitized solar cells.
College of Physics and Electronics
Henan University, Kaifeng 475001, P. R. China
Education: B.S. Central China Normal University, Wuhan, 1982-1986. M.S. Henan University, Kaifeng, 1996-1999. Ph.D Fudan University, Shanghai, 1999-2002.
Professional Experience: 2004.01-2004.12. Visiting scholar in University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. 2005.01-2005.12. Postdoc in Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. 2006.11-2008.10. Postdoc in Physics Department of The Ohio State University. 2008.11-2009.11. Postdoc in Chemistry Department of Bowling Green State University.
▲Laser spectroscopy and time-resolved spectroscopic techniques
▲Photophysics and photochemistry at single-molecule level
▲Ultrafast dynamics in chemical and biological complexes
- Lijun Guo, Yuanmin Wang, H. Peter Lu, Combined Single-Molecule Photon-Stamping Spectroscopy and Femtosecond Transient Absorption Spectroscopy Studies of Interfacial Electron Transfer Dynamics, J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 2010，132(6):1999-2004 (cover page)
- C.-W. Chang, T.-F. He, L. Guo, J. A. Stevens, T. Li, L. Wang and D. Zhong, Mapping solvation dynamics at the function site of flavodoxin in three redox states. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132:12741-12747.
- Chih-Wei Chang, Lijun Guo, Ya-Ting Kao, Jiang Li, Chuang Tan, Tanping Li, Chaitanya Saxena, Zheyun Liu, Lijuan Wang, Aziz Sancar‡ and Dongping Zhong, Ultrafast Solvation Dynamics at Binding and Active Sites of Photolyases, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2010，107(7):2914-2919
- C. Zang, J. A. Stevens, J. J. Link, L. Guo, L. Wang and D. Zhong, Ultrafast proteinquake dynamics in cytochrome c. J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 2009,131:2846
- Y.-T. Kao, C. Saxena, T.-F. He, L. Guo, L. Wang, A. Sancar and D. Zhong, Ultrafast dynamics of flavins in five redox stated. J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 2008,130:13132
- Joanna Wiberg, Lijun Guo, Karin Pettersson, Bo Albinsson, Charge Recombination versus Charge Separation in Donor-Bridge-Acceptor Systems,J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 2007; 129(1): 155 - 163
- Lijun Guo, Yuan Liu, Ye Liu, Yonglong Zou, Yi Yang, Chunhe Xu, and Shixiong Qian, Excitation relaxation in the chemically modified photosysthetic reaction center from Rhodobacter sphaeroides 601, European Biophysics Journal 2003, 32:78-82
- Lijun Guo, Yuan Liu , Shixiong Qian et al., The Observation of Excited-State Dynamical Evolution in Light-Harvesting Complex LH2 from Rb. sphaeroides 601. FEBS Letters, 2002, 511(1-3):69-72
- Lijun Guo, Guohong Ma, Shixiong Qian et al. Optical and nonlinear optical properties of vanadium-oxide phthalocyanine films. Applied Physics B 2002, 74:253-257
Mingju Huang，was born in 1965 in Xixia county, Henan province, Ph.D.，Professor，commissary of Optical Material Committee of China, director of physics and optics institute of Henan province, assistant dean of School of Physics and Electronics of Henan university, Kaifeng, China. He has engaged in the study of holographic recording material and technology for more than ten years, and has published for more than 70 papers, 3 teaching materials, 3 monographs and 5 patents, in which there are about 50 papers had been indexed by SCI or EI. He is the mentor of the Masters of specialty optics, optical engineering and physical electronics now.
Yanli Mao, Supervisor of postgraduate, Professor of college of Physics and Information Optoelectronics, engages in the teaching and scientific research of physics. More than 48 academica theses was published and 2st prsize of Progress in Science and Technology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences was awarded.
Birthdate: June 2, 1972
Birthplace: Xuchang, Henan province, P. R. China
B.S. Physics, Henan University, Kaifeng, 1991-1995
M.S. Optics, Xian Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Science, Xian, 1995-1998
Ph.D Optics, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai, Shanghai, 1999-2002
Post-doctoral Physical chemistry, Institute of molecular science in Japan, 2006-2008
Committee Member of the Light Scattering of Chinese Physical Society
▲Spectroscopy and nonlinear optics of materials
▲Physical Chemistry of Biomembrane
Dr. WANG Yuanxu
Date of Birth: December 15, 1973
Place of Birth: Henan Province, Yanshi city, China
Yuan Xu WANG
School of Physics and Electronics
Henan University, Kaifeng 475004, People’s Republic of China
First-principles study of surface properties of perovskite ferroelectrics
First-principles study of the transition metal nitrides
1993.9-1997.7, Shandong University, Bachelor
1997.9-2002.7, Shandong University, PH. D
2002.7-2004.4, Shandong University, Lecturer
2004.5-2005.9, National Institute for Materials Science (Japan), Postdoc
2005.10-2007.3, JSPS Postdoc, National Institute for Materials Science (Japan)
2007.4-, School of Physics and Electronics, Henan University
Part of published paper:
1. Xiang Po Du, Yuan Xu Wang_, and V.C. Lo, Vacancy and Oxygen Substitution for
Nitrogen Induced Structural Stability of Tai2N3, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 115,
2. Yu Li Yan and Yuan Xu Wang_, Electronic structure and thermoelectric properties
of In32−xGexO48 (x = 0, 1, 2, and 3) at low temperature, Applied Physics Letters 97,
3. Hong Bin Xu, Yuan Xu Wang_, and V. C. Lo, First-principles study of CrB4 as a high
shear modulus compounds, Physica Status Solidi (RRL)-Rapid Research Letters 5,
4. Fu-Yang Tian, Yuan-Xu Wang_, V.C. Lo, and Jiang Shen, An ab initio investigation
of boron nanotube in ringlike cluster form, Applied Physics Letters 96 (2010) 131901
5. Fu Yang Tian, Jiang Shen, Yuan XuWang_, Density Functional Study of CO Adsorbed
on MnN (N=2-8) Clusters, Journal of Physical Chemistry A 114 (2010) 1616
6. Hong Bin Xu, Yuan Xu Wang_, and V.C. Lo, First-principles study of the structural,
elastic, and electronic properties of C20, C12B8, and C12N8, Journal of Physics: Con-
densed Matter 22 (2010) 175505
7. Xiang Po Du and Yuan Xu Wang,_, Investigation of osmium carbides with various
stoichiometries: First-principles calculations, Journal of Applied Physics 107 (2010)
8. Xiang Po Du and Yuan Xu Wang_, Ab inito study of Os0.5W0.5B2, Re0.5W0.5B2, and
Os0.5Re0.5B2 with high shear modulus, Physica Status Solidi (RRL)-Rapid Research
Letters, 3 (2009) 106
9. Wen Jie Zhao, Hong Bin Xu, and Yuan Xu Wang_, A hard semiconductor OsN4 with
high elastic constant c44, Physica Status Solidi (RRL)-Rapid Research Letters 3 (2009)
10. Wen-Jie Zhao , Yuan-Xu Wang_, Structural, mechanical, and electronic properties
TaB2, TaB, IrB2, and IrB: First-principle calculations, Journal of Solid State Chem-
istry 182 (2009) 2880
11. Yuan Xu Wang, Ultra-incompressible and hard technetium carbide and rhenium car-
bide: First-principles prediction, Physica Status Solidi (RRL)-Rapid Research Letters,
2 (2008) 126
12. Fu-Yang Tian and Yuan-Xu Wang_, The competition of double-, four-, and three-ring
tubular B3n (n=8-32) nannoclusters, Journal of Chemical Physics, 129 (2008) 024903
13. Qun Jing, Fu-yang Tian, Yuan-xu Wang_, No quenching of magnetic moment of the
GenCo clusters (n=1-13): First-principles calculations, Journal of Chemical Physics,
128 (2008) 124139
14. Fu-Yang Tian, Qun Jing, Yuan-Xu Wang_, Structure, stability, and magnetism of
ScnAl(n=1-8,12) clusters: Density-functional theory investigation, Physical Review
A, 77 (2008) 013202
15. Yuan Xu Wang, Masao Arai, Taizo Sasaki, Marcasite osmium nitride with high bulk
modulus: First-principles calculations, Applied Physics Letters, 90 (2007) 061922.
16. Yuan Xu Wang, Masao Arai, Taizo Sasaki and Changzeng Fan, Ab initio study of
monoclinic iridium nitride as a high bulk modulus Compound, Physical Review B, 75
17. Yuan Xu Wang, Masao Arai, Taizo Sasaki, and Chun Lei Wang, First-principles study
of the (001) surface of cubic BaZrO3 and BaTiO3, Applied Physics Letters, 88 (2006)
18. Yuan Xu Wang, Masao Arai, Taizo Sasaki, and Chun Lei Wang, First-principles study
on the (001) surface of cubic CaTiO3, Physical Review B, 73 (2006) 035411.
19. Yuan XuWang, C.L.Wang andW.L. Zhong, First-principles study of the (001) surface
of cubic SrHfO3 and SrTiO3, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 109 (2005) 12909-
20. Yuan Xu Wang, M. Arai, T. Sasaki, C.L. Wang and W.L. Zhong, First-principles
study on the (001) surface of cubic PbZrO3 and PbTiO3, Surface Science, 585 (2005)
Prof. Weifeng Zhang is the dean of School of Physics and Electronics. He previously worked at National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) in Japan as a postdoctoral researcher, and visited Japan, Singapore, USA and so on for academic purpose. Currently, Weifeng Zhang is a Trans-century academic leader of Henan province and an innovated talent of colleges and universities in Henan. He is now a reviewer for the Journal of Physical Chemistry, Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS), etc. He is also a member of editorial board for Journal of Henan University (Natural science). Prof. Weifeng Zhang is a distinguished professor of Henan, and the deputy director of Key Laboratory of Photovoltaic Materials of Henan. His current research work is focused on Optoelectronics and Photovoltaic Materials.